Montag, 26. November 2007

Correction

Task 1:

Dear Susanne

I have to describe my feelings and thoughts to you about Rockwell’s painting, “The Problem we all live with”, because it has bothered me a lot and I have to speak with someone about it. First of all I want to start with the description. In the centre there is a little black girl, wearing a white dress. She has got her School things with her and is carrying those with her left hand. The little girl is surrounded by four white men, who wear suits with a yellow band around their left arms. The words on the band read: “Deputy US Marshall.” Two of them are on the right side and two on the left. In the background you can see a wall with a smashed tomato on it. The wall also has the faded graffiti “NIGGER” sprayed on. In my opinion the artist Norman Rockwell wants to show us the racism, which rules the state. Maybe he wants to provoke a little bit or he has drawn what he saw on the streets. For me it is hard to see how people with a different skin colour are threatened. I cannot understand how some people can do such a worse thing. How can they do this? Can you give me an answer? How do you find this painting?
Yours , Raphaela


Task 2:

For me also photographs are art. Why not? This photograph shows us feet and a spade in a garden. The reason why I think it is art is because there is a hidden agenda “behind” it. The artist has thought something before making the photograph. What I find interesting is the meaning of every kind of picture I see. What has the artist been thinking, while he has been making this photograph? What does he want to convey us? Does he want to provoke or to criticize us? Or did he only have a boring day and that was his first idea? On the one hand this photograph is very funny because it only shows us feet and a spade. On the other hand in my perspective it is a very simple photograph and it could be a more gorgeous one. But that is different in every angle.

Keine Kommentare: